Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Word Wednesday.

I think it absolutely pertinent that we as Americans fully own our language. By this I mean we need to acquaint ourselves with as many words as possible because if we don't, who else will? So I am going to start doing a series of vocabulary lessons in the next few weeks, so be prepared to be a voracious word fiend! Also here are some pictures for inspiration of some really beautiful libraries around the world, enjoy!

1. Protean adj. taking on different forms
2. Tripudiate verb to dance
3. Glibly adj. marked by ease or informality
4. Vestige noun an indication that something has been present
5. Beleaguered verb to harass, beseige

Side note from August 2, 2011. It's funny how I said we should own *our* language when in fact most of these words I discovered through Hamish Bowles articles and he is clearly British, as all of these words are. Silly me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails