Friday, June 3, 2011

Dye-hard fan.

Hello, all. Terribly sorry I've been so aloof recently. I had finals which took up loads of time this past month and for some odd reason my parent's house does not have the best wifi. So, alas, here I sit in a coffee shop. But I have something fun to tell you! I am embarking on an adventure with a new love: futurism. So this summer, I am taking a turn and learning about what is to come in regards to the music, art, and fashion industries.

To start off, I love the galactic look of certain kinds of tie-dyeing. For example, Mayaan Zilberman's lingerie from her brand the Lake and the Stars. I love how the overall effect almost like nebulas.


Then of course Christopher Kane's Spring 2010 collection was completely focused around this idea and I have fallen in love with the pieces all over again. I decided after seeing this collection and Mayaan's closet that I should dye my hair darker to better pair with futuristic clothing.

Here are some other glorious examples. Shabd does beautiful work with muted dyes and Agyness Deyn looks lovely in Paris with her dyed scarf (side note: Scott Schuman is to her left in the background).

So, in short, I will be doing some of my own experiments with dyeing soon and will share as soon as I start creating. Here's to supersonic style and nebular innovation!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Tie-dyeing is the best :) I can't wait to see what you end up with-keep us posted. XO

    pop tart

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails