Sunday, August 21, 2011

Decadence and Tom Waits.

DSCN4309
Don't you love pairing weird flavors together? I'm trying to expand my palate a little more in relation to my musical taste and my culinary tastes. So tonight I took a little inspiration from a meal I had at Farm 255 the other night and made a delectable cheese platter. The cheese is a Dutch chevre, then I added some yummy Georgia peaches topped with Valdosta pecans that are flavored with orange zest, cranberry and black pepper, and then a dash of honey. Boy oh boy, divine! And if my senses weren't already through the roof, I listened to some Tom Waits. I normally would pair a culinary experience with classical music or something very light hearted, but what the heck, let's make it really great. So, yes, this was my 8 oclock-instead-of-dessert. It's almost better than dessert in my opinion.
DSCN4310
DSCN4307

1 comment:

  1. WAY better than dessert. you are my role model in every way.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails