Monday, August 9, 2010

Treasure Hunt.

DSCN1604
What if the next time you did some deep cleaning instead of calling it a chore or a bore you called it an adventure? Well the other day I had myself a little adventure going through drawers and sorting through memories and I came upon some rawther exquisite things. My sister Elaina has a terrific eye for all things beautiful and well-made, so in turn, she has been blessed with the gift of creating the beautiful as she did on a trip in Italy last summer. She had a metal-working class where she thoughtfully made me a necklace of charms of the iconic symbols of Hermés. In that same class she also made a galvanized gelato spoon and a toothpaste cap. These are little things that may be of no consequence to someone else, but they really raised my spirits.
I also found some little treasures that she had found at the markets, like a little leather coin purse, which was filled with a crumpled Italian newspaper, and I rediscovered one of the oil paintings that she sent home. Oh the joys of trips abroad. I can't wait for my own explorations and for the little trinkets that I will get to bring back.

DSCN1600
DSCN1594
DSCN1651

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails