Saturday, July 23, 2011

Everyday Beauty.

plane in sky

Life is so big and so exciting, isn't it? I feel like there are so many magical things happening in so many different places. Even if they don't scream at you to look or that they are important, when you are keen to their ways therein lies the treasure. I was talking with my dad today about this. He said for example he didn't like Seinfeld when he first watched it, but when you get to know the humor and personality of Larry David, you pick up on the specifics of the humor and it becomes so much more enjoyable.

This applies to every day beauty. When you are trying to understand the ways of our glorious Maker, sometimes it helps to see a part of his personality. For example, He is rawther creative. If you even get a small glimpse of the creations He makes, you see he is a God of big proportions. I was driving through my little hometown today, not expecting anything particularly grand, when all of a sudden I looked up at the painting of the day in the sky. I was in a particularly good part of the road near my neighborhood where the view of the sky is breathtaking, visible for miles and miles. I look up and I see the most perfectly fluffy clouds all in rows extending as far as my eyes could see. For the first time I actually stopped on the side of the road and just gazed for a bit. It got me thinking how wonderful He is and that He thinks a little town in Georgia is just as worthy of a beautiful skyline as Cortona or the poles. People in the creative field search day in and out for the world's idea of beauty. They will study it, move for it, and devote their lives to it. I myself have to travel a good half hour to look at beautiful hand-made paper or a store design worth oggling over. But the Lord gives us wonderfully detailed and hand crafted beauty to awe over day in and day out. The trick is recognizing the patterns in his work to really appreciate all that He has made. It also must be said, if He pays that much attention to creating a beautiful sky to show His handiwork, how much more is He already working through things in your life to reveal Himself to you?


1 comment:

  1. Well written. and so so true. May we attribute the beauty man beholds and creates to God, the designer of it all.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails