Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Room with a Viewpoint.

desk

room art

moleskins

painted wolf


trompe l'oeil sandwich pencil pouch


Recently I've been exploring what a space can say about a person. I've found that just as the clothes on a person's back reflect his/her personality, so does a space say something about the way they live, because well, they live there.
When getting ready to set up my home for the fall, I have been looking for things that are punchy and make a statement. It's almost like I've been designing a set for a character, who is me, and I want to add specialized touches that bring light to who I am. This is the first time I've ever had my own place without roommates so it's new and exciting for me to have a space that gives off a singular expression of personality rather than a compromise between two distinct voices.

So basically, after painting like mad last week (which I discovered I love! I may buy and eisel for the room too so I can paint after long days) and reinventing items to make them unique (like the play animals I repainted for display), I am officially done planning my room, which I move into in a little over a week.

I think my space will give an air of playfulness yet calm, detailed but not overdone. I can't wait to share it with you when I'm all moved in! xoxo

Also, side note, I wanted to include the picture above of my new trompe l'oeil sandwich pencil case (isn't it fun?), but you may have thought at first glance I'm just randomly holding a sandwich. So, yes, no it's not a sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails