Thursday, July 7, 2011

Revamp.


DSCN3818

This summer has been dedicated to the concept of change. I have had lots of free time to think about the Lord, life, knowledge, beauty and the future and how they all correlate and which holds the most importance (the Lord obviously). Here are three shifts in lifestyle and focus.


DSCN0340

My room went from this last summer...

DSCN3576

To this. I have been cleaning, streamlining and focusing on the importance of minimalism (hence a copy of the Fountainhead on my apostrophe chair).

Side note. I'm not really a fan of the curtains like I thought I would be. They should have been lush and white like my sister suggested.

.......................................................................................................................

I have been reading foreign magazines like a fiend. Here are a few that are my favorites.

Billede-13

Scenario- Denmark

saoirse-ronan-bullett-4

Bullett- England

holy5

TAR- Italy

bon3

Bon- Sweden

Nögesguiden ("Bulletin Board" in Swedish)

.......................................................................................................................

Then lastly, a table turning realization.

Although the things previously stated are all great, I have basically been over-indulging myself with all of my interests and I have found that they aren't nearly as satisfying as I would hope they could be.

I tend to find something I like, conquer it by learning about it wholly, then moving onto the next thing. I realized this is not a good or healthy way of existing because it can carry over into more important areas like my spiritual and social life. I am going to try to wean myself off of the things I used to rely on for support, i.e. beauty and knowledge, and instead focusing on friendships and reading the Bible and growing in relationships rather than furthering my brain. I can only take in so much information to a point where I am eventually wasting my time when I should be investing in other people. In the end, I want to look back on my life and see that I spent time appreciating the beauty that is all around me rather than a far off concept of it created in a studio somewhere across the world. So here is to shifting perspectives, making changes, and not being bound to a comfort zone.

Images 1, 2, 3, 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails